Friday, February 3, 2012

Soul Calibur V

Picked this up a couple of days ago and have been playing it exclusively since. Ever since SFIV I started enjoying fighting games on a deeper level. That made me check this out and take it more seriously than I did with Soul Calibur II. Having said that, I still will not be learning it too much because of the furry of games coming out soon.

So far this game looks amazing like all SC really. The character models, the environments, the effects, they all look top notch, crispy clean. I breezed through the single player and noticed that CG cut scenes are extremely limited. Most of the story telling is presented through a "storyboard-esque" animation. That seemed a bit off-putting since they invested heavily into the presentation and they come up short in the story telling.

This game is about the multiplayer. I took it online expecting ass whoopings. I was right. Many people who play this are veterans of the series and know how to link combos. However, the beauty of the series is that the game is very accessible. You do encounter low skill players and fights get pretty intense because of the beauty of button mashing that comes off as if one knows they know what they are doing.

This is just a quick thought on the game. I like the introduction of ultra moves and EX moves. There is also a parry system to be mastered there.

1 comment:

neatfit said...

Tekken and this are my favourite series ever, mortal also is high up there, higher than SSF4, I liked 2 the most, and then it just felt slow to me.