Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Xbox sign in


For some weird reason today I was unable to sign into my Xbox Live account. No biggie, I wasn't going to use it. So I pressed OK continue without signing in. However, I was still signed in locally. Next thing I know, I sign in to Xbox Live and all of my offline stats were reset (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3). Online stats were fine but offline was ALL reset. (That 30 hour offline achievement won't be happening anytime soon).

Signing in on the Xbox has been one of the worst hassles in account management. Kinect makes it completely obvious how annoying it is to sign into Xbox. One has to hold their hand and wait for the little circle to fill to make a selection and sign in, select save storage, ok, etc. THEN if you have another player he has to repeat that tedious task.

I hope they streamline this nonsense on their future console.